- September/October 2001
- Vol. 2, No. 5
- The Abuse of Men: Trauma Begets Trauma
Brothers, B. J. (Editor). Haworth Press, Inc., Binghamton, NY. 2001. 132 pp. $17.95. Paperback.
A history of childhood physical or emotional abuse may cause men to experience difficulty with...
- Gay Men and Childhood Sexual Trauma: Integrating the Shattered Self
Cassese, J. (Editor). Haworth Press, Inc., Binghamton, NY. 2000. 225 pp. $22.95. Paperback.
Clinical treatment of adult gay male survivors of childhood sexual trauma requires specialized knowledge...
- Family Policy: Constructed Solutions to Family Problems
Zimmerman, S. Sage Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA. 2001. 431 pp. $49.95. Hardcover.
The goal of family policy is to address the problems of families in relation to society, and improve...
- The Orphan Trains: The Story of Charles Loring Brace and the Children He Saved and Failed
O'Conner, S. Houghton Mifflin Co., New York, NY. 2001. 380 pp. $27.00. Hardcover.
The orphan trains sent West from New York City between 1853 and 1929 by the Children's Aid Society carried over...
- The Market Forces in Adoption
//Adoption and Ethics//." Freundlich, M. Volume 2. Child Welfare League of America, Inc., Washington, DC. 2000. 147 pp. $18.95. Paperback.
Shifting demographics in adoption are raising questions...
- Assessment of Sexual Offenders Against Children. The APSAC Study Guides 1
Quinsey, V.; Lalumiere, M. Second Edition. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA. 2001. 96 pp. $49.95. Paperback.
An outline of critical knowledge in the assessment of child sex offenders, this...
- Guidelines for Family Support Practice
Family Support America, Chicago, IL. Revised Second Edition. Family Support America, Chicago, IL. 2001. 300 pp. $45.00. Paperback.
This reference work, based on a review of best practices currently...
- ABA Center Clarifies Management Program for Children's Social Security Benefits
The American Bar Association's (ABA's) Center on Children and the Law, in conjunction with the ABA's Commission on Legal Problems of the Elderly, has produced a pamphlet on the Social Security...
- Former Prosecutor Produces Educational Video for Child Witnesses
Give children a child's eye view of court with a video developed for use by professionals and volunteers. Former prosecutor, Christine Downs, produced "Kids Go To Court" by combining live action...
- From Mundane to Magical: A Campaign to Connect Parents and Kids
Busy parents may think that daily child caring activities, such as feeding and bathing, detract from quality time with their babies, but a new campaign by Zero to Three attempts to change that...
- Mental Health Guidelines Updated for Child Victims of Intrafamilial Abuse
Significantly expanded from last year, the "Guidelines for the Psychosocial Treatment of Intrafamilial Child Physical and Sexual Abuse, Draft Report 4-6-01" provides guidelines regarding...
- WebGuide Evaluates Child-Related Websites
A new website for parents, child care professionals, students, and the general public has been created by Tufts University's Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Development. The Child & Family...
- Online Community Aids Abuse Victims
Current and past victims of child abuse, sexual abuse, and domestic violence can find support online through the new Broken Spirits Network website, run entirely by volunteers.
- National Child Care Initiative Advises Educators about Adoption Issues
Early childhood educators get advice on addressing adoption issues in the Winter 2001 issues of the Healthy Child Care America (HCCA) quarterly newsletter. HCCA is a joint campaign by the...