- December 2021/January 2022
- Vol. 22, No. 11
- Children's Bureau Express
- Current Theme or Topic
Current Theme or Topic
This issue of CBX highlights the need to be vigilant about keeping vulnerable children and youth involved with child welfare safe from human and sex trafficking. Read a message from Associate Commissioner Aysha E. Schomburg about ensuring each child has the opportunity to be oblivious to trauma and grow up within a circle of support and love. This issue also includes valuable resources for professionals and the families they serve.
- Oblivious to Trauma
Written by Associate Commissioner Aysha E. Schomburg I am planning a baby shower. All I can think about is that this is a surprise baby. My very best friend is having her first baby after many...
- Identifying and Supporting Youth Involved in or at Risk of Commercial Child Sexual Exploitation
Casey Family Programs released an issue brief that explores risk factors, screening, prevention, placement consideration, and services for victims of commercial sexual exploitation of children...
- New Factsheet for Professionals Addresses Child Sex Trafficking
A factsheet from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) focuses on the role that child welfare professionals play in prevention, intervention, and service provision with...
- New Primer for Schools on Preventing, Responding to, and Helping Students Recover From Human Trafficking
A primer from the Office of Safe and Supportive Schools within the U.S. Department of Education about what constitutes child sex trafficking and labor trafficking and which populations are most...
- Learning About Indicators of Human Trafficking From Child Welfare Case Narratives
An article published in Children and Youth Services Review, "Learning From Child Welfare Case Narratives: A Directed Content Analysis of Indicators for Human Trafficking," analyzes child welfare...