- Funding Child Welfare Services Through TANF
For guidance on financing child welfare and youth services using Federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families funds or State Maintenance of Effort funds, see "Questions & Answers on TANF Policy...
- Article Chronicles Problems Faced by Foster Children in School
In "Connect for Kids", a website and an electronic newsletter, Susan Kellam writes about the problems that many foster children--and their foster parents--encounter in school.
- Latino Children and Families Profiled
For insights on pressing issues facing Hispanic children and families, visit the Connect for Kids website (http://www.connectforkids.org) sponsored by the Benton Foundation and read Caitlin...
- Link to Hispanic Health Resources
Find links to Hispanic health resources on a new website for the Hispanic Agenda for Action launched in January 2000 by HHS's Office of Minority Health.
The site, although still under...
- Trauma, Violence, and Abuse: A Review Journal
January 2000, Vol. 1, Number 1. Sage Publications, Inc. Quarterly. 110 pages. $61 a year for individuals, $198 a year for institutions.
This peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal debuted in...
- Journal of the Center for Children and the Courts
Vol. 1, 1999. Judicial Council of California. Annual. 184 pages. Free.
You'll find legal issues of national scope related to children covered in this new journal even though its stated aim is...
- The Foster Care Crisis, Translating Research into Policy and Practice
Edited by Patrick A. Curtis, Grade Dale Jr., and Joshua C. Kendall. University of Nebraska Press and the Child Welfare League of America. 1999. 258 pages. Hardcover $50, softcover $19.95.
- Genetics and Genetics Services: A Child Welfare Workers' Guide
Karen Eanet and Julia B. Rauch. Child Welfare League of America. 1999. $22.95.
Add genetics to the list of tough issues that child welfare workers and other child placement professionals must...
- Guidelines for a Model System of Protective Services for Abused and Neglected Children and Their Families
National Association of Public Child Welfare Administrators (NAPCWA). 1999. $14 NAPCWA and APHSA members, $16 non-members.
These revised guidelines by NAPCWA, an affiliate of the American Public...