The National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment developed a tool to help guide diligent recruitment efforts and assist child welfare agencies create comprehensive diligent recruitment programs. We also highlight the free subscription services offered by Child Welfare Information Gateway and other updates from the T&TA Network.
We highlight two grantee site visits this month, one from the Diligent Recruitment of Families for Children in the Foster Care System grant cluster and another from the Child Welfare/Early Education Partnerships to Expand Protective Factors for Children With Child Welfare Involvement cluster.
- Site Visit: Oklahoma's Bridge to the Future
- Site Visit: Arkansas Is Building Bridges in Early Childhood
We point to research on the prevalence of substance use among children and youth involved with child welfare, a study of social worker readiness for organizational change, and ongoing child welfare reform efforts.
- Social Worker Readiness for Organizational Change
- Substance Use Among Youth in Care
- Health-Care Use by Children in Foster Care
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Quality Assessments in Child Welfare
- Suicide Prevention for Youth
- Parental Access to Mental and Behavioral Health Supports
This CBX section provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.