A new bulletin from FRIENDS National Resource Center for Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention is intended to help leaders, policymakers, program managers, staff, and stakeholders successfully implement system and practice changes and ensure that these changes are sustained over time. We also highlight the new edition of the Western and Pacific Child Welfare Implementation Center's (WPIC's) quarterly newsletter that focuses on the annual National Tribal Peer-to-Peer Learning Exchange.
New site visit reports highlight projects focused on comprehensive family assessment, diligent recruitment, and building infrastructure capacity to support collaboration between child welfare and early childhood systems.
CBX points to an issue brief describing therapeutic foster care, best practices for this type of care, essential partners, and challenges to providing this care; a report providing key data on foster care and teen pregnancy; and a study of juvenile justice reform over the previous 15 years with an emphasis on adolescent development.
- Therapeutic Foster Care for Trauma-Impacted Youth
- Teen Pregnancy in Foster Care
- Reforming Juvenile Justice
- Responsible Fatherhood Toolkit
- Developing Family Drug Court Programs
- Mobile Apps to Support Child Welfare Workers
- Money Management Tip Sheet for Youth
- Protecting Drug-Endangered Children
- Supporting LGBTQ Youth in Care