- July/August 2005
- Vol. 6, No. 6
Federal Grant Writing Toolkit
The ARC (Accessing Resources for Community and Faith-Based Organizations) Initiative, a project of the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention's National Training and Technical Assistance Center, has created a new toolkit designed to help community and faith-based organizations effectively navigate the Federal funding process.
Originally developed to supplement trainings conducted in 2004, the ARC toolkit provides information in nine areas:
- Building and maintaining partnerships
- Establishing a 501(c)(3) organization
- Evaluating current capacity to secure Federal funds
- Finding training and technical assistance
- Identifying funds
- Identifying and securing grant writers and other consultants
- Learning from promising programs and practices
- Writing winning grants
- Web-based glossaries
The website also features an interactive learning community. Complete information about accessing and using the toolkit is available on the ARC website at https://www.nttac.org/index.cfm?event=arc.Toolkit
Find a list of current, open Children's Bureau Discretionary Grant announcements on the Children's Bureau website at www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/programs_fund/index.htm.