- July/August 2005
- Vol. 6, No. 6
Nominations Now Open for the Adoption Excellence Awards
The Administration for Children and Families is now accepting nominations for the 2005 Adoption Excellence Awards. Individuals, families, organizations, businesses, agencies, and States are eligible to receive these awards, which honor those who have demonstrated excellence in providing stable, permanent homes for children in foster care. The deadline for submission of nominations is Monday, August 15.
Nominees are eligible to receive an award in the following categories:
- Decrease in the length of time that children in foster care wait for adoption
- Increased adoptions of older children
- Interjurisdictional adoptions
- Faith-based initiatives
- Support for adoptive families
- Individual and/or family contributions
- Business contributions/initiatives
- Judicial or child welfare system improvement
Nominations will be evaluated on the basis of clear and measurable success in these areas. A panel of recognized experts in the adoption field will review all nominations and make award recommendations to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Award recipients will be notified by October and recognized in November during National Adoption Month.