- June/July 2003
- Vol. 4, No. 5
The website of the 14th National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect (http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/profess/conferences/cbconference/fourteenth/index.cfm), held March 31 - April 5, 2003, now contains post-conference information about presentations, speakers, awards, and program highlights. Plenary and presentation materials will continue to be added throughout the next few months, so check back frequently!
Upcoming national conferences on adoption and child welfare through October 2003 include:
- Eighth International Family Violence Research Conference (Family Research Laboratory & Crimes Against Children Research Center; July 13 through 16, Portsmouth, NH; www.unh.edu/frl/conference2003/index.html).
- 2003 Conference on Treatment Foster Care (Foster Family-Based Treatment Association; July 20 through 23, Universal City, CA; www.ffta.org/conference.html - Editor's note: this link is no longer available).
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children 11th Annual National Colloquium (July 23 through 26, Orlando, FL; www.apsac.org).
- 4th National Kinship Care Conference "Kinship Care: Preserving and Strengthening a Family Resource" (Child Welfare League of America; July 30 through August 1, Philadelphia, PA; www.cwla.org/conferences).
- Summer Seminars by the Sea (Chadwick Center, Children's Hospital-San Diego; August 4 through 22, San Diego, CA; www.charityadvantage.com/chadwickcenter/summerseminars.asp). (Editor's note: this link is no longer available.)
- North American Council on Adoptable Children's 29th Annual Conference "Nurturing Connections for Children, Families, and Communities" (August 7 through 9, Vancouver, British Columbia; www.nacac.org/conference.html).
- 16th Annual National Independent Living Conference "Growing Pains 2003" (Daniel Memorial Institute; August 13 through 16, Orlando, FL; http://conferences.danielkids.org/growing_pains.htm (Editor's note: this link is no longer available)).
- 26th National Children's Law Conference (National Association of Counsel for Children; August 16 through 19, New Orleans, LA; www.naccchildlaw.org/training/conference.html).
- 2003 Crimes Against Children Conference (Dallas Children's Advocacy Center; August 18 through 21, Dallas, TX; www.dcac.org).
- 4th International Respite Conference 2003 "A Universal Break: Respite for Caregivers" (ARCH National Respite Network; September 16 through 19, Orlando, FL; www.archrespite.org/ARCHconf.htm).
- 8th International Conference on Family Violence Advocacy, Assessment, Intervention, Research, Prevention and Policy (Family Violence & Sexual Assault Institute; September 16 through 20, San Diego, CA; http://www.fvsai.org/FVSAI_conference.htm (Editor's note: this link is no longer available.)).
- First National Symposium for Community Building and Child Welfare "Building Communities for 21st-Century Child Welfare" (Child Welfare League of America; September 22 through 24, Albany, NY; www.cwla.org/conferences/2003cbsymposiumrfp.htm).
- 15th Annual ATTACh Conference on Attachment and Bonding (Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of Children; September 24 through 27, Pittsburgh, PA; www.attach.org/conference_update.htm (Editor's note: this link is no longer available)).
- Investigation and Prosecution of Child Abuse: Equal Justice for Children (National Center for Prosecution of Child Abuse; October 6 through 10, Baltimore, MD; www.ndaa.org/education/ndaa/child_abuse_training_schedule.html).
- Linking Together: Reaching the Summit (American Association of Children's Residential Centers; October 7 through 10, Denver, CO; www.aacrc-dc.org/templ/display.cfm?id=269).
- 12th Generations United International Conference "Uniting Generations to Build a Better World" (October 15 through 18, Alexandria, VA; www.gu.org/conference03.htm).
Further details about national and regional child welfare conferences can be found in the "conferences" section on the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information website at http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/profess/conferences/index.cfm.
Further details about national and regional adoption conferences can be found in the "conferences" section on the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse website at http://naic.acf.hhs.gov/general/conferences/index.cfm.