• March 2000
  • Vol. 1, No. 1

Printer-Friendly version of article

Funding Child Welfare Services Through TANF

For guidance on financing child welfare and youth services using Federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families funds or State Maintenance of Effort funds, see Questions & Answers on TANF Policy and Data Reporting issued by ACF's Office of Family Assistance. The Office answers such issues as the following:

  • Are State (non-IV-E) foster care payments carried over from the former EA program regarded as assistance?
  • Is foster care for a child in the home of a non-relative allowable under TANF?
  • May a State use Federal TANF or State MOE funds for adoption assistance?

The document is available online at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/polquest/index.htm

<<  Previous Section   <  Previous Article   Next Article  >