- May 2015
- Vol. 16, No. 4
CB Website Updates
The Children's Bureau website carries information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, Federal reporting, and much more.
Recent additions to the site include:
- PI-15-01 – This Program Instruction (PI) provides direction on the availability of fiscal year (FY) 2015 Children's Justice Act Grants to States Under the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA): http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/pi1501
- PI-15-03 – This PI provides guidance to States, territories, and insular areas on submission of the 2016 Annual Progress and Services Report (ASPR), due June 30, 2015, and that requests funding for FY 2016: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/pi1503
- PI-15-04 – This PI provides instruction to Tribes on the on the June 30, 2015, submission of ASPRs and actions they are required to take in order to receive their allotments for FY 2016: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/pi1504
- A National Look at the Use of Congregate Care in Child Welfare – This brief examines the use of congregate care in the child welfare system: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/congregate-care-brief
- Annual Report to Congress on State Child Welfare Expenditures reported on the CFS-101 (2014) – This report to Congress provides national totals of planned spending by service category for the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Child Welfare Services program and planned and actual spending by service category for the Promoting Safe and Stable Families program: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/cfs-101-report-to-congress-2014
- National Financial Capability Month – This letter to child welfare agencies and providers from JooYeun Chang, Associate Commissioner of the Children's Bureau, highlights information and tools for working with and enhancing the financial capacity of older adolescents in foster care: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/national-financial-capability-month
- Healthy Marriage and Relationship Education Grants HHS-2015-ACF-OFA-FM-0985 – A funding opportunity announcement (FOA) soliciting applications for demonstration projects that support "healthy marriage promotion activities" as enacted by the Claims Resolution Act of 2010 (Pub. L. 111-291): http://www.grants.gov/view-opportunity.html?oppId=276477
- New Pathways for Fathers and Families HHS-2015-ACF-OFA-FK-0993 – An FOA soliciting applications for demonstration projects that support activities promoting responsible fatherhood as enacted by the Claims Resolution Act of 2010 (Pub. L. 111-291): http://www.grants.gov/view-opportunity.html?oppId=276480
Visit the Children's Bureau website often to see what's new at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb.